For more than 36 years, Spring-Green has been providing traditional and organic lawn and tree care services. As a locally owned and operated neighborhood lawn care professional, our franchise owners are enriching the lives of others one yard at a time and they take their commitment to their customers and their community seriously. Spring-Green employs only trained and licensed technicians and remains committed to preserving natural resources. As a founding member of the Professional Lawn Care Association of America (PLCAA), Spring-Green has been a leader in the Green Industry promoting education, certification programs and industry standards. Today the association is named PLANET (Professional Land Care Network) and it continues to serve the green industry by providing those same services as well as promoting best practices and environmental responsibility.
Spring-Green is also a proud supporter of Project Evergreen. Their mission is to raise the awareness of the environmental, economic and lifestyle benefits of landscapes and promote the significance of those who preserve and enhance green spaces at home, work and play.
Spring-Green continues to team up with the Arbor Day Foundation. As part of our growing initiative to increase awareness of our tree care programs, we have formed this strategic alliance and are committed to planting a minimum of 10,000 trees this year.
Spring-Green franchise owners participate in Green Care for Troops and help maintain lawns while our soldiers are deployed overseas and away from their families.
Believing In What We Do
Spring-Green has been doing great things not only for people associated with the organization, but also for our environment and the communities we live and work in. This combined with Quality, Service, Professionalism and Value form the basis of Spring-Green’s mission statement that inspires us today “Spring-Green provides services that beautify our environment through higher standards of Quality, Service, Professionalism and Value.” Here are a few reasons we feel so good about the services we provide:
- Smart Money magazine reported that consumers value a home with a lawn and landscape up to 11.3% higher than the base price.
- A turf area of just 50 feet by 50 feet absorbs carbon dioxide, ozone, and other atmospheric pollutants, and releases enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four.
- With up to 90% of the weight of a grass plant in its roots, a well maintained lawn makes a very efficient erosion prevention device and helps keep sediment out of lakes, streams, storm drains and roads.
- Turf grass helps purify water as its root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- By using trees and turf to modify temperatures, the amount of fossil fuels used for cooling and heating is reduced. Properly placed deciduous trees reduce house temperatures in the summer causing air conditioning units to run 2 to 4 percent more efficiently, but allow the sun to warm the house in the winter.
- The cooling effect of the average-sized lawn is equal to about 9 tons of air-conditioning, while the average home-size central air conditioning unit is only 3 to 4 tons capacity.
- A study published by Environment and Behavior indicates that "by boosting children's attention resources, green spaces may enable them to think more clearly and cope more effectively with life's stress".
- Grass areas quickly affect people's moods by creating feelings of serenity, privacy, thoughtfulness or happiness, and its yearly cycles of growth and color change lift human spirits.
Source: Project Evergreen
Learn more about...
Proven Economic Resilience
Healthy Profit Margins
Strong Strategic Partnership
Industry Leading Business and Marketing Intelligence
A Balanced Lifestyle